1) When you change your diet to consist mainly of crisps to find that winning code (one day I will get a K).
2) The ever changing shopping list, and therefore meals, depending on the current on pack promotions. And the difficulty in reading those tiny T&Cs on the back of the packet when you've forgotten your glasses.
3) The excitement of seeing that famous three letter word, even if it is followed by disappointment:
4) Doubling back on yourself to pick up some rubbish because you can't help but womble when you see the word win.
5) Listening to music you can't stand just to hear the radio presenter announce a competition.
6) Changing your daily routine to have lunch at crazy times in case it is your name announced on the radio.
7) That box that all compers have full of random things they are determined to use one day (yes, even the automatic toothpaste dispenser).
8) When people ask how you have mutual friends with someone on Facebook and you have to admit you've never met each other in real life, but they did help you win tickets to that concert you went to!
9) Answering every phone call with a hopeful 'hello' only to be offered compensation from that accident you had when driving....even though you don't drive.
10) Answering the phone EVERYWHERE - from supermarkets to toilets. Who knows if its a win!
11) Shamelessly asking friends for their empty wrappers because you know there's a competition on it. Even better, offering to collect people's rubbish, only to be selective what rubbish you collect depending on if it's a potential win or not.
12) Uploading photos on Instagram from 3 years ago because it fits a competition brief. Just tell people you went blonde for a day and then dyed it back!
13) That bag full of empty promotional packs and receipts, just in case they ask for proof that you bought the item.
14) Every moment is a potential winning photo moment. Up a hill? Strike a pose. Dancing in the pub? Get it on camera. And then retaking the shot countless times to make sure it's perfect.
15) Being dressed like a lunatic in a public place to get a funny photo entry.
16) That all to familiar roll of the eyes when you start talking about comping to non-compers.
Embarrassing, funny and annoying, but all worth it for that win! What's your biggest comping blooper? Let me know in the comments below! Thanks for reading!
Luck and Love,